How does that saying go again? Oh yeah, “If it ain’t white, it ain’t right!” And in this case, it’s white and waaaaaay right. 😉
Look at that crowd. No color, no diversity, no personality. Trump draws on the fears of white folk – folk afraid that what they don’t understand will hurt them. Folk convinced that something of theirs will be taken from them. Folk determined to live in isolation. The same people that tell you they don’t have a racist bone in their body are the same ones that say they want a wall built around them to keep others out – as they’re thumping a bible in one hand and claiming their devotion to the constitution and American ideals.
Trump is an entertainer. He’s an okay business man but ummmmm, don’t think he’s terribly bright or articulate. He shoots from the hip and therein lies the draw. Like any good salesman, he speaks at about a third-grade level – and that resonates well once you consider that his audiences appear to be a collective third-grade level of education.
It’s dangerous to be a follower and unable to think for yourself. Sure, it allows you some sense of security that you don’t have to be accountable for some outcome. The dangers outweigh any benefit, for sure. There is great risk of being abused and taken advantage of. There is great risk of making decisions for yourself. There are times – regardless of the setting – when you should follow and times you lead. But never give up your free will to think and decide for yourself – that’s the one thing that sets humans apart from other mammals in the animal kingdom.
Like a line from Alanis Morissette’s Isn’t it Ironic, Donald Trump is threatening to run as an Independent if he doesn’t get his due respect from the GOP. “Isn’t it ironic….don’t you think?”
He told CNN’s Don Lemon last Wednesday that he’d leave the Republican party if “they don’t treat me with a certain amount of decorum and respect.” What a dick. (Ahem….not you Lemon!) You couldn’t define it any better:
- He’s always railing on President Obama. Forget what you think about Mr. Obama’s policies, Trump makes it personal against the man, his family and the office! Disrespects the president.
- He claims that the Mexican government is sly and cunning, and they send the worst of their people to the US – they send murderers and rapists. Disrespects Mexicans.
- Claims that overwhelming majority of violent crimes are committed by blacks and Latinos. No facts, no data, just his usual blathering bullshit. Disrespects all Latinos.
- He mocked the handicapped reporter by flailing his arms and twisting his voice as he ridiculed him. Disrespects handicapped.
- He mocked the Chinese as he shrugged his shoulders and attempted to distort his face, exclaiming “we want deal.” Disrespects Asians.
- He made fun of Senator John McCain claiming that McCain wasn’t a war hero because he was captured – topping it off with “I like people that weren’t captured.” Disrespects war vets.
- And women – remember the public feud with Rosie O’Donnell where he called her unattractive and made fun of her size, “….she’s a slob.” And the first Republican debate with his suggestion that Megyn Kelly must have been on her period because he thought the questions she asked were silly, suggesting that “…blood coming out of her whatever.” Disrespects women.
- Most recent, he suggested we close off our borders to all Muslims coming into this country, citizen or otherwise! Disrespects Muslims.
I can go on, but I’m stopping because it’s time for dinner!
Open note to DJTrump: You’re no better than any of the individuals or groups that you belittle. You are a zealot with hatred toward others and you are brainwashing weak people that are falling in line behind you, some out of fear, and some out of desperation. Hmmm…this descriptions sounds sooooo familiar. Isn’t it ironic….don’t you think? Respect is earned Trump – it isn’t something you can demand, and you can’t hold us hostage with threats to go run as an Independent. And as an Independent voter, i resent you thinking we’d have you! You have overextended your 15 minutes sir, and common-sensed, decent people are tired.